File pertains to 50 35mm colour transparency slides mounted in cardboard sleeves. Includes photographs taken during the summer and autumn of 1943 in and around the Banff townsite, Lake O'Hara, and the Yoho Valley. Subjects include mountains, landscapes, the Bow River, lakes, people, horses, various…
File pertains to 50 35mm colour transparency slides mounted in cardboard sleeves. Includes photographs taken during the summer and autumn of 1943 in and around the Banff townsite, Lake O'Hara, and the Yoho Valley. Subjects include mountains, landscapes, the Bow River, lakes, people, horses, various camps [mostly Alpine Club of Canada camps], hiking, fishing, and wildlife. Some slides missing; most explained in notebook.
Reel 79 Aug 1 - 1943
1. Rams on cliff morning
8. Mt. Rundle and lake shore
13. Cascade and meadow
14. Sheep in swamp
16. Mama sheep and baby - again
17. one baby sheep
18. 2 baby sheeps
19. 2 baby sheeps flaw in film
Reel 80 Aug 15 - 1943
3. Ewe and others [in swamp - Rundle]
4. Ews and lams in swamp [Rundle]
5. Moose in Vermilion sundown
7. Goat at animal paddock
9. Crowd on opabin glacier
10. Crowd at Mac Arthur Lake at lunch
11. Crowd on opabin glacier
13. /Same not so good\ Crowd strung out on glacier
14. Same - end of line of people
16. Emmy[?], Big Tom and Denny near lake
17. Crowd on meadows - opabin
Reel 81 Aug 21 - 1943
3. Crowd around the dining table
7. Mt. Biddle from Yukness ridge
12. Phyl and Aletta on Yukness
13. Towards Yoho and Balfour fr. Yukness over Wiwaxy col.
15. Ronny with pot at fire Linda Lake
16. Ronny with fish at Linda Lake
17. Walter's T. Model Ford - W. and Ronny and Mr. Stewart[?]
Reel 82 Sept 2 -1943
1. Gopher by tree en route to Linda Lake
2. Ronny w. rucksack
3. Tom, Aletta, Phyl starting for Abbot Pass
4. Mother and Sig[?] looking out window
5. Spray River when I fished - Cascade Mt.
7. Mother at bearspaw table better
12. Mother and bear alarms[?] on step
13. L.G. bringing in faggots [sticks] from yard
14. Fish in pond
15. Fish hatchery fr. viewpoint [illegible]
17. Doe in backwater down Bow R. [illegible]
19. View across BOw to Hoodoos and Cascade
Reel 83 Sept 7 - 1943
1. Boe valley fr. Lake Agnes
4. Trail boulders and Lake Agnes
8. Victoria ridge fr. Fairview slopes
10. Same nearer
15. Sig - and Mt. Rundle fr [Admin gardens]
16. Browne porch and BNG reading [illegible]
17. SIg and 2 companions starting fr. Spray V.
19. DH.G. on hammock
20. ALong the Great Divide by B. Browne.
Slide numbering kept as originally organized, see SL I for more information (M67 / II / C / i / a / 51 - 1).
Please note: titles listed below are only those located in this box. Some others have been romved from their original order for use in slide shows made by Lillian Gest prior to accession. Please see related material notebook SL I for full title lists.